January 25, 2010

Fish Supper


Last week this was my favorite meal - fish over a bed of spinach, glazed carrots, and broccoli. Since we are still doing the Eat from the Pantry Challenge, I decided to use some our frozen tilapia we got in from Sams. I'm not a huge fan of frozen fish, but it was dirt cheap and it keeps forever. Usually when you buy fish like this it needs to be "doctored" since it doesn't have that lovely fresh flavor to stand up on it's own. I found a recipe from Southern Living that was amazing!

Baked Fish with Parmesan Cream Sauce
1 1/2 lbs of white fish
8 oz sour cream
1/4 c Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp seasoned breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp melted butter

Put fillets in greased 13x9" pan. Stir together the sour cream, cheese, paprika, salt and pepper.  Spoon over the fish. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Drizzle with butter (I only used 1 Tbsp). Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 mins. Makes 4-6 servings.

There are times when I bake bread that it just flops. I can't bear to throw the heavy, yuck loaf away so I just keep them in the freezer and then grind them up in the food processor to use as bread crumbs (or chop them up into small squares and toast them into croutons). It's a great substitution if you need breadcrumbs, just throw some bread in the freezer until it gets hard and it will make perfect breadcrumbs. For this recipe my current breadcrumbs were sourdough which made this dish extra yummy because they added some tanginess.

The family loved this so much, we didn't have any leftovers and the kids were begging me for more. I wish that happened everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!! Write more, write often. I will respond to each of them either here or on your blog (if you have one). Thank you for spending time with me - come back soon and share the love on pinterest, facebook, twitter or however you social network.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...