November 6, 2010

Homemade Instant Oatmeal - No More Packets

 

We love oatmeal for breakfast. I've shown you how we serve oatmeal when it's a leisurely morning, but here is what we do on those fast get-out-of-the-house mornings.
 

I buy those huge round containers of quick cooking oatmeal and mix it up with this recipe. Then I store it back in the original container and another smaller tub with a scoop (because it's twice the volume it won't all fit back in the same container). When breakfast time comes, I heat water in our tea kettle (warm not hot) and set it on the table (on a trivet of course). Then the kids can scoop out some instant oatmeal and pour in some water. Voila! Instant oatmeal without the cost of those expensive packets!



Homemade Instant Oatmeal

5 c quick cooking oatmeal
1/3 c brown sugar
1 c raisins
1/4 c powdered instant milk
Any additional add in's your family loves


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!! Write more, write often. I will respond to each of them either here or on your blog (if you have one). Thank you for spending time with me - come back soon and share the love on pinterest, facebook, twitter or however you social network.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...