July 26, 2010

Greek Salad - Using the Cucumbers!

Cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, feta - oh my! I love greek salad and it's so easy to make at home. This dressing recipe was the perfect combo of spices to create that fabulous greek salad taste. Serve with a wedge of toasted pita. I prefer the kind my local Greek restaurant uses which is not dry at all, but a moist flat bread by Toufanyan, which you can buy at Publix. I'm sure it has more calories than traditional pita, but it's so much yummier. If you warm it up in a frying pan with a little spray oil it's delicious. A perfect accompaniment to this salad. Just like Athens Greek Restaurant in Roswell. Now if I could only get Maria to tell me her secret tzatziki sauce recipe!


Fabulous Greek Salad Dressing (from Allrecipes.com)

1/2 c olive oil
1 1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 1/4 tsp dried oregano
1 1/4 tsp dried basil
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp Dijon-style mustard
2/3 c red wine vinegar

Put all ingredients in a tightly sealing container and shake well. Keeps in the fridge like other salad dressings. Makes about 10 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!! Write more, write often. I will respond to each of them either here or on your blog (if you have one). Thank you for spending time with me - come back soon and share the love on pinterest, facebook, twitter or however you social network.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...