November 18, 2011

Harvest Moon Pie Pops

Happy Almost Turkey Day!!!

In need of an easy Thanksgiving centerpiece??? These are waaay simple and like the chocolate acorns, they make a cute decoration for your table (at least until Uncle Jimmy or Cousin April starts munching). Here's what you need: original flavored large moon pies, popscicle sticks, cookie icing, fall themed candies, cello bags, and some ribbon. After having worked with the moon pies, I do not recommend the new flavored ones (peanut butter or mint). Although I think they taste much better than the original, they don't hold together well because the filling is is not sticky like the original marshmallow. I'm not sure about the vanilla and banana but I think those are more like the marshmallow ones, so they may work.
My big kids (8 and 5 1/2) were in charge of this project and they really didn't require much supervision. We had a big yard sale to get rid of a bunch of our baby stuff and the kids sold these goodies at their very own table.

First insert a popscicle stick into the middle of the moon pie. Each circle got decorated with the candy choices using a little cookie icing (bought from the clearenced Halloween section) as glue. We used candy corn (wait til you see what I did with the leftovers),
We made a bunch of flower designs, but they could be done as turkeys?  Or maybe save this project for Christmas and do little trees or snow flakes on them. What about Valentine hearts? There are tons of possibilities!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aimee, I love this idea, what fun! Thanks for sharing your creative and fun ideas! Me and my kids'll have to try these. Now to find some candy corn... yummmmm.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!! Write more, write often. I will respond to each of them either here or on your blog (if you have one). Thank you for spending time with me - come back soon and share the love on pinterest, facebook, twitter or however you social network.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...