January 8, 2011

Baby Love: The Real Deal on Gear


I remember the first time my husband and I went into Babies R Us to register for our baby shower. Wow. It was completely overwhelming, and not in a good way. I can make me some decisions, but that place was awful. When it's your first, how are you supposed to know what you REALLY need. I had even been reading the parenting magazines (which I'm convinced are in cahoots with the manufacturers because they say to buy everything). Truth be told a baby doesn't need much beyond a car seat, some one piece outfits and diapers. I mean, my parents put me in a dresser drawer to sleep! I did find after trial and error, certain things make life so much easier (and a wipes warmer was NOT one of them). I have put together an Amazon store with some of my favorite things and will be adding more as I think about it this month. You can click on the link down on the right side of the page to get to the actual Amazon store, but I've listed the baby/ kid stuff below. They grow so quickly, so you really don't need much for the infant stage - I promise!

PS. My husband made me say how we love zip up sleepers so it's easy to change their diaper without trying to match up all of those snaps!



A Listmania! list by A. Christian

The list author says: "We started out completely overwhelmed with all the baby gear choices when we had our first child 7 years ago. Since then, we've tried and tested all KINDS of equipment. I'm sharing this list to save you time, money and energy."

BABYBJÖRN Soft Bib 2 Pack - Red/Blue
1. BABYBJÖRN Soft Bib 2 Pack - Red/Blue by BABYBJÖRN

The list author says:

"The easiest to use and clean bib for as soon as they are feeding themselves. Wash it off with soap and water and hang it to dry and it's ready for the next meal. Or you can buy a couple and run them through the dishwasher. Catches all the mess!"
Baby Trend Single Snap N' Go Stroller
2. Baby Trend Single Snap N' Go Stroller by Baby Trend

The list author says:

"I'm ridiculous about strollers. I've owned 12! Seriously. I've finally resigned myself to realize I need a couple to serve all purposes. This snap and go is perfect for using with an infant seat. It's light (recovering from a c-section that's important) and fits in all cars. No moving the baby from the car seat and gets you where you need to go. No frills needed, it's an infant after all!"


Maclaren Techno XT Stroller, Black
3. Maclaren Techno XT Stroller, Black by Maclaren

The list author says:

"Lightweight and portable. This is the best stroller for a child who can sit on their own. Folds up small."

BABYBJÖRN Little Potty - White
4. BABYBJÖRN Little Potty - White by BABYBJÖRN

The list author says:

"No nooks and crannies that you can't clean, which are so gross. Small, can be taken on the road easily."


Peg-Perego Prima Pappa Best High Chair, Paloma

5. Peg-Perego Prima Pappa Best High Chair, Paloma by Peg Perego USA

The list author says:

"Highchairs take an everyday beating. The kids push it around and of course they bang and drop food all over it. This tray cover covers the WHOLE tray area so you don't have to clean two parts. The padded seat can be wiped down: dry and ready in time. We replaced the padded seat after 2 kids because it got smelly and torn. We like that you can take the five pt harness and make it a lap belt."


Baby Trend Diaper Champ Deluxe, Blue
6. Baby Trend Diaper Champ Deluxe, Blue by Baby Trend

The list author says:

"I read the new ones aren't as good as the older ones, but I love that it uses regular trash bags and it really does keep out the smell."

Evenflo Triumph Advance LX Convertible Car Seat, Harbortown

7. Evenflo Triumph Advance LX Convertible Car Seat, Harbortown by Evenflo

The list author says:

"Great convertible car seat. This one transitioned us out of the infant seat (still rear facing) to a booster when the kids got too tall for this one. I would say we used it from 6 months to 3 years old.

Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-Count Boxes (Pack of 4)

8. Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-Count Boxes (Pack of 4) by Lansinoh

The list author says:

"I nursed my babies for one year. I leaked when I nursed, I leaked when the baby went too long between feedings, I leaked when I heard other people's babies cry! I tried washable and they stayed too wet, other pads shifted too much in my bra and were bulky. These are the only ones that were thin and actually worked."
Summer Infant Tiny Diner, Green
9. Summer Infant Tiny Diner, Green by Summer Infant, Inc.

The list author says:

"Love this for the feeding themselves stage and on the go. It stays in our diaper bag for restaurant visits. Forget those disposable ones, what a waste. This one you can dump out the big leftover chunks and wash the smaller ones at home."


Solar System Placemat by Crocodile Creek
10. Solar System Placemat by Crocodile Creek by Crocodile Creek

The list author says:

"We use these at home. Thin, educational and easy to wash. The kids love all the varieties. The only thing I don't like about them is you can't scrub too hard or the design will scratch off."

Cloud b Twilight Constellation Night Light, Turtle

11. Cloud b Twilight Constellation Night Light, Turtle by Cloud b

The list author says:

"a fun nightlight for all of my kids"


Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Car Seat, Matrix

12. Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Car Seat, Matrix by Graco Baby

The list author says:

"Perfect for the big kid in need a comfy booster seat, but this thing is heavy."


Fisher-Price Infant-To-Toddler Rocker, Blue/Green
13. Fisher-Price Infant-To-Toddler Rocker, Blue/Green by Fisher-Price

The list author says:

"I love that this seat has stood the test of time through four kids. The bigger ones can even sit in it without breaking it until I spot them and remind them they are too big! Has a stabilizer for times you don't want anyone to rock the baby."
Safety 1st Kirby Inflatable Tub

14. Safety 1st Kirby Inflatable Tub by Dorel Juvenile Group

The list author says:

"Perfect for the baby who is too big for the infant tub, but too small for the big tub. We take this when we travel too since it's inflatable."
Safety 1st Space Saver Fold Up Bath Tub, Blue
15. Safety 1st Space Saver Fold Up Bath Tub, Blue by Dorel Juvenile Group

The list author says:

"Great first tub for the newborn and infant. No slipping, no mesh parts to wash, no stinking fabric, and it folds up for storage. Doesn't hold much water, but that's better for the baby's safety. I really LOVE this tub and we had three before we arrived on this one."

Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Fun with Friends Musical Table

16. Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Fun with Friends Musical Table by Fisher Price

The list author says:

"All the kids love this toy. The baby can watch it and bat at the dangling parts. Then it changes to be a piano for a sitting baby and finally a standing piano."


LeapFrog Learn & Groove Musical Table
17. LeapFrog Learn & Groove Musical Table by LeapFrog

The list author says:

"Fun music, lots of activities, has lasted for all the kids. This toy was worth the money and the space it took to store it (the legs do come off). My highest recommendation."
Graco Snugride Infant Car Seat, Platinum
18. Graco Snugride Infant Car Seat, Platinum by Graco


The list author says:

"Still the best carseat for a newborn. Love the safety ratings and the price."

Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!! Write more, write often. I will respond to each of them either here or on your blog (if you have one). Thank you for spending time with me - come back soon and share the love on pinterest, facebook, twitter or however you social network.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...