May 30, 2010

There's a Chicken in my Laundry!

 
When you keep a flock of chickens and you have young kids you never know what might happen. On this day, I went to do laundry (yes, I am airing my dirty laundry on my blog) and I found a chicken roaming around. This is Lady Godiva, a Rhode Island Red, who is pretty new to our flock and apparently needed some extra attention. So the self appointed caregiver (aka Banana Girl) decided to bring Lady G into the house and promptly forgot about her. Thankfully she did close the door, so Lady G could not free range in the house. Instead the chicken poop (very runny stuff I might add) was contained to the already dirty laundry pile! Lady gave me a very disdainful look when I opened the door and scurried right over to the backdoor to be let outside. I think she'd had enough housework for one day.
Welcome to my life in Chickenville, where you just never know what's going to happen next.

5 comments:

I love reading your comments!! Write more, write often. I will respond to each of them either here or on your blog (if you have one). Thank you for spending time with me - come back soon and share the love on pinterest, facebook, twitter or however you social network.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...