June 15, 2011

Father's Day Easy Last Minute Photo Banner

Happy Father's Day to my wonderful Husband AND my amazing Dad. I am very lucky to have two great guys in my life. Ironically enough, they have a lot in common. Both snore loudly, both have been in the real estate business, both know how to fix cars, both are infuriating at times, and both love good food!
For Father's Day last year I made this super cute banner as a surprise for my husband (next year I need to add photos with the baby). I first saw this idea at my friend Ann's house a few years back and knew I wanted to make it, so cute! It took no time at all since I didn't make fancy letters and I had all of the stuff laying around. You could make it for any occasion...Happy Birthday, Congratulations, Welcome Home, etc.
Here is what you need:
  1. at least 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper in any color(s)
  2. black or dark marker, thick ones do best
  3. approximately 4 feet of ribbon, string or fishing line
  4. clothes pins (or tape in a pinch will work), one for each letter of your message
  5. camera
  6. kids
First draw out all of the letters in your message or print on the computer one letter to a page. Write down your message and mark them off so you don't forget something (like I did with my 'S).

Then get the kids in front of a simple monochromatic background and one by one have them hold up the letters. It doesn't matter if they are upside down or sideways, in fact it's cuter. Tell them they can make silly faces on some, that keeps them interested.

Take several shots because, hey it's digital and you never know which is going to be the best. Print out your photos at home or a photo kiosk on 4x6 sized paper. Then put your photos in order and hang them on your ribbon with the clothespins. Start with the middle letter so you can evenly space the letters. Hang your masterpiece in a great location for your recipient to enjoy!!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. So cute Aimee - might have to see if I can work that in the schedule for today. Hope you guys are well - your kids are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,
    I hope you tried it out cause Paul would love it. If you did, email me a photo!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!! Write more, write often. I will respond to each of them either here or on your blog (if you have one). Thank you for spending time with me - come back soon and share the love on pinterest, facebook, twitter or however you social network.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...