December 8, 2009

Elmo Cake - Color Flow


This was the first "decorated" cake I ever made for one of my kids. I used the color flow technique. I printed an Elmo coloring page (we didn't even have any coloring books back then!) to make the design. I used full strength black to do the outlines and filled him in with red, white, orange, and black in the appropriate places. You can see the black outline bled into Elmo's eyes. That's my impatience. I should have waited longer for him to dry. I used mini marshmallows to prop him on top of the cake I had made. I actually took Elmo off and saved him so we could use him to celebrate on Super Bear's "actual" birthday too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!! Write more, write often. I will respond to each of them either here or on your blog (if you have one). Thank you for spending time with me - come back soon and share the love on pinterest, facebook, twitter or however you social network.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...