March 13, 2008

Chuck Wagon Cook Off


We went to a Festival this weekend. The Cowboy Festival and Chuck Wagon Cook Off at the Booth Western Museum in Cartersville, GA. The weather was pretty cold, but that just meant it wasn't crowed. We got to talk with the people who own, maintain, and compete with their authentic chuck wagons. I have no idea how those cooks did it back in the day. I've seen Lonesome Dove and I realize a good cook was worth their weight in gold, no two ways about it. The funny part is, I can't even make biscuits under the best circumstances and here they were turning out perfect, flaky biscuits, beans, stew, cobbler and more all in their dutch ovens. I'm ready to take on the challenge - let's go camping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!! Write more, write often. I will respond to each of them either here or on your blog (if you have one). Thank you for spending time with me - come back soon and share the love on pinterest, facebook, twitter or however you social network.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...